So about that regular blogging thing... Hasn't quite happened, has it? If it's any excuse, my work schedule really hasn't settled down or become regular either. Things are still being organised at this point and I've been working a lot, and then filling in for people. So no blogging, but on the bright side, I'm not broke anymore. On the down side, I haven't had any time to go shopping with that money. Any suggestions as to where I should go on the next free day I have?
However, even though I haven't bought anything new, I do have a sort of new addition to my wardrobe. It's a cardigan I've had for somewhere between two to three years, and only worn once. It's one of those pieces that you buy, but then have to psyche yourself up to wear. Let me explain what I mean, because I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about.
A friend of mine, Mel, and I have discussed this before, as it's happened to us a few times. You buy something, but can't wear it straight away. You really have to get into the head space to wear it. For example, with my cardigan, it's not that it's crazy, or out there or anything, but it is a little different to my other cardigans. It buttons up one at the bottom where it's fitted and ties up, and has really baggy arms, except at the end where it's fitted s well. And when I first got it, I did wear it straight away, but it just didn't feel right. Since then, I've pulled it out many times and attempted to wear it again, but every time I just couldn't quite work up the courage to wear it out, I didn't feel comfortable. This was partly because I wasn't quite sure how to wear it.
But then the day came when I was finally ready to wear it. The other week I put it on and it just worked. I can't explain why it's suddenly become perfect, but it is and I don't want to stop wearing it. Which is another reason I need to go shopping, so that I'm not wearing the same thing over and over again. My favourite new piece is one of my oldest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
woww this IS old because in the space of like 3 days after this blog you bought EVERYTHING!!
ReplyDelete