Monday, March 23, 2009

I found a job... and with it, a new obsession.

Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It's been quite a while since my last post. But I've been busy for once!

Good news, I have a job. It's very exciting to be employed again. So the last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic, but I'm getting myself together again, and will hopefully get back to regular posting.

My job is in retail, at a designer childrens wear store. And before you think that this sounds lame, let me tell you, it's definitely not. I am a complete childrens clothes convert. I have in the past spent a little bit of time in the childrens section of department stores, and not in a creepy, pedophile way. I have small feet, and can often find cute kids shoes to fit, and which are cheaper than adults shoes a lot of the time (this goes for Volleys and Converse, and even sometimes means more interesting prints). And, admittedly, I have bought some kids clothes before, like a jacket and a cardigan here and there. Before you wonder if I'm a dwarf or have an eating disorder, the definition of children is usually up to about age 14 depending on the store, and there are some tall/big 14-year-olds out there. And I am a leetle bit vertically challenged. There are some 14-year-olds who are taller than me.

But now, dear readers, I am a complete childrens clothes lover. The collection in store now where I work is amazing. It's absolutely beautiful. I've discovered that kids clothes are so much better because they're made out of quality material, are really fun and are in much nicer designs than the stuff made for people my age. No skanky, body binding, revealing dresses.

Unfortunately it's probably still a little out of my price range. Unfortunately again, every person I know with children has boys, and this store only sells girls clothes. I can't even live vicariously through someone's children. Oh well, I guess it's saving me money.

And a lot of money does get spent on clothes. you'd be surprised how much people are willing to spend on clothes for their children. Obviously no one told these people that we're going into a recession. But as an employee, I'm sure not complaining. And I do agree that they're worth it.

So if you think you're about the size of a teenager, I suggest you start checking out the kids sections and stores from now on. You'll love it too.

1 comment:

  1. Haha that's cool. haha "forgive me bloggers for i have sinned. it has been a while since my last post" lmfao that's the best line ever!! ahaha

    ReplyDelete